Texas Turfgrass Summer Conference
July 19-21, 2015 Moody Gardens Hotel (Galveston)
Texas Turfgrass Annual Conference & Show
Grand Hyatt and Gonzalez Convention Center
San Antonio December 15-17, 2015
If you have any questions or need exhibit information, please E-mail Shirley
Ryan-Sanders is looking for a groundskeeper to help maintain a variety of sports and athletic fields across the Houston, Tx area. Two or four year degree in turfgrass management would be preferred. Be willing to work in adverse conditions. Work long hours and attend certain athletic events.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Bush trimming
• Flower beds
• Painting/chalking field markings
• Preventative maintenance on equipment
• Salary position
• Full benefits.
COwens@rs3sports.com (COwens null@null rs3sports NULL.com)
The Pearland Golf Club at CountryPlace (PGC) is a hidden gem among golf courses in in the city of Pearland, TX and surrounding Houston, TX area. It is an integral asset of two subdivisions: CountryPlace (a semiretirement community) and The Lakes at CountryPlace. The front nine holes of the course play through the CountryPlace subdivision. The back nine holes of the course play through The Lakes at CountryPlace subdivision. The golf club is beginning the final phase of a two million dollar renovation of the entire course by Architect Jeff Blume. When the back nine holes reopen in late September, the course will have new tee boxes, fairways, bunkers, and green complexes. We are seeking an experienced Course Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent who can bring to life the vision for the course: high quality playing conditions for our golf patrons and an aesthetically pleasing landscaping asset for both subdivisions.
The PGC Golf Course Superintendent is directly accountable to the CP Egret Management, Inc. (CPEM) Board of Directors, and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the golf course and surrounding grounds of Pearland Golf Cub at CountryPlace. The duties include, but are not limited to, preparation of annual maintenance budget, managing all aspects of golf course management, playability, care and improvements (including assistance in renovation of the back nine holes), golf course conditions, financial management to consist of operating, capital and long term planning, maintain equipment inventory and maintenance, staff development retention and recruitment, member and Board interaction. The PGC Golf Course Superintendent will also supervise and train as needed, the existing maintenance workers and additional workers as required in the future. In addition to employee supervision, the PGC Golf Course Superintendent will supervise all aspects of turf and grounds maintenance, including water management, fertilizing, grooming, and pest control. The PGC Superintendent will be accountable for establishing the reputation of Pearland Golf Club at CountryPlace as one of the finest conditioned golf courses in the area. The PGC Golf Course Superintendent will enjoy the support of an active and proud membership, as well as active and proud residents of both communities.
The Successful Candidate:
The successful candidate for the PGC Golf Course Superintendent position should be a driven individual who embraces the responsibility and challenge of managing the condition of a golf course expected to be among the finest in the area. They must be hardworking, hands-on and possess strong general management acumen, able to manage the course within a generous budget built upon the foundation of high expectations for the condition of the golf course and surrounding grounds. The successful candidate should approach their responsibility knowing that the condition of the golf course is central to the esteem of club members, guests and enthusiast residents. The successful candidate is expected to maintain the facility in the manner that will present Pearland Golf Course at CountryPlace as an unbelievable golfing experience for members, their families and guests. The Superintendent must possess the ability to work in conjunction with the Club Manager on a consistent basis to maintain the best possible facility.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess at least a 2-year degree or certification in Turf Management, Agronomy, or an Agriculture related field.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or 1st Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Assistant Superintendents with significant experience at Club’s known for outstanding golfing conditions may also be given consideration to the position. GCSAA certification is preferred.
- The ideal candidate must possess applicable pesticide application and chemical licenses as required by state and federal regulations.
- Previous experience with course renovations, particularly installation of new greens and grow in of new fairways, is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have had a progressive career path as a Golf Course Superintendent with a proven record of providing outstanding service at the highest possible level in a similar quality club environment.
- Strong leadership skills with management experience overseeing a team responsible for maintaining the condition of a premium golf facility. Spanish language skills are desirable, but not required.
- The ability to evaluate the condition of the course as a trained professional superintendent and as a passionate player of the game who understands that the condition of the course is central to the experience of the club.
- Business management skills and financial accountability are required. Able to work with the CPEM Board of Directors to build a sound annual budget and the management and leadership ability to live within it.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability and interest to actively engage the membership and non-member residents to solicit feedback, ideas and share information pertinent to the course conditions and plans.
- Ability in solving problems and capable of making sound business decisions quickly.
- Proper record keeping of payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, well water usage, etc.
- The Club is seeking an energetic and creative professional who is current with the latest in agronomy practices and technologies.
- An integral member of the management team of the golf club who carries out the PGC mission on a daily basis.
Salary & Benefits: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. A benefit package will be offered with GCSAA benefits to include annual conference, education meetings and programs.
Please email or U.S. mail your resume and salary requirement to:
Pearland Golf Club at Country Place
3123 Flower Field Lane
Pearland, TX 77584
email@example.com (countryplacegc null@null gmail NULL.com)
CP Egret Management, Inc.
ValleyCrest Golf Maintenance
Attn: Ben Fultz
Golf Course: Wildcat Golf Club
Address: 12000 Almeda Rd Houston, Texas 77045
Two- or four-year degree in Agronomy or Turfgrass Management.
Experience Requirements: The assistant superintendent will be responsible for organizing and directing the maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to the technical specifications of the contract; supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment assigned to the course; procure and manage supplies and materials; administer all aspects of the ValleyCrest safety program; and manage all employees by providing valuable inputs on the interview, hire and training processes.
Date Position Available: February 16, 2015
Application Instructions: Submit resume by email
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $33,000-$38,000 DOE
36-Hole Complex with:
Fwys, Roughs, Tees: Tif-sport
Toro Irrigation-LTC PLUS
Benefits: Health insurance, life insurance, 401k, annual vacation, annual sick leave, uniforms provided, GCSAA and Local association paid.
Hearthstone Country Club is a 27 hole private facility located in NW Houston. The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will report directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Superintendent’s supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course greens, tees, fwys, cart paths, and clubhouse/tennis lawns; supervises the maintenance and repair of equipment; and does related work as required. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendents capacity during his/her absence.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of greens, tees fairways; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning and caring for plants, shrubs, and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods; working knowledge of drainage and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps, and automatic controls
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achive the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations
- Able to work 50+hrs per week including weekends and holidays
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
||email@example.com (terrell NULL.gallman null@null clubcorp NULL.com)
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish
- Possession of a valid drivers license
- Ability to pass a back-ground check
- Must have Texas State Pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain one within 90 days