- Applies pesticides and fertilizer to City grounds and landscaping.
- Complies with State and federally mandated requirements for handling and applying hazardous chemicals, maintaining personal safety, and maintaining the safety of park patrons.
- Determines correct application rates for various pesticides and fertilizers; calibrates equipment.
- Provides preventative maintenance and minor repairs to complex, computerized application equipment.
- Maintains daily work records and application records as required by law.
- Maintains inventory of chemicals; assists with ordering supplies.
- May lead the work of subordinates.
- May lead/assist with other grounds maintenance projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent determines optimum acceptability of climatic conditions for applying pesticides and fertilizers. Evaluates hazards/factors that would prohibit application of pesticides. Makes rapid evaluation of chemical spills/exposures and applies proper methods for control.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Pest identification and best control methods; chemical application and mixtures; calibration/mixture data; safety practices, policies, and procedures; Label and Material Safety Data Sheet requirements for proper product handling.
- Reading and assessing computer data; computing highly accurate moderately complex mathematical formulas to calibrate sprays and verify output; communicating effectively both verbally and in writing; maintaining application tools and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in landscape pesticide application.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Texas Class C driver’s license and State of Texas Certified Pesticide Applicator’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must possess mobility to work in and around City buildings and facilities; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform light to medium physical work, to work and around machines, and to operate varied hand and power tools and equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. The job involves fieldwork requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate above-mentioned tools and equipment. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, and reach when completing maintenance and repairs. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 80 pounds, or heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
- Employees work in and around buildings and facilities and are exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required. The position also requires meeting the essential requirements of the Physical Demands and Working Conditions, with or without reasonable accommodation
Further information at: www.plano.gov (http://www NULL.plano NULL.gov)
White Bluff is a gated golf and family community. Membership is available only through the purchase of property. The premier 3,000 acre master-planned community sits above the shores of Lake Whitney and offers two 18-hole Championship golf courses, The Lighthouse Restaurant, The Trophy Grill, five swimming pools, The White Bluff Marina, RV and wilderness camping, parks, a conference center, a spa and fitness center, condominium interval ownership, and more.
White Bluff Resort is currently looking for a student summer intern that is responsible, takes the job seriously, motivated, and ready to jump in and learn what it takes to be successful in the golf industry.
Throughout the course of the summer the intern will be exposed to but not limited to
-Fertilizer and Chemical Applications
-Water management of Bermuda greens Mini Verde
– Shadowing an assistant a few times a week
-Calibration of walk behind spreaders and sprayers
-Pump station management
Any interested candidates can submit a Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (djones_1269 null@null yahoo NULL.com)
Rate of pay 9.00/Hr
Looking for professional and customer service oriented candidates who love being outdoors and want to be part of a growing business!
Aggieland Green (Aggie 100 and previous Newman Award recipient) is a locally owned lawn and tree health care company located in College Station, Tx. We offer residential and commercial services such as lawn fertilization, responsible application and use of select treatments to solve lawn and ornamental problems, and turf aeration. Our efforts in growing a successful, ethical business have resulted in tremendous growth and new opportunities. (Check us out at aggielandgreen.com (http://aggielandgreen NULL.com)) We do not offer mowing, maintenance, or landscape services. Instead, we are specialists in the diagnosis and continual treatment of lawns and ornamental trees and shrubs. We use innovative and complex equipment for our applications, and provide timely advice to clients on watering and mowing to keep our clients lawns and trees healthy with fewer problems. We are consistent with industry Best Management Practices and the approach of IPM (Integrated Pest Management).Job Responsibilities (full-time- qualified candidates must be able to work days M-F):
- Applying fertilizers, weed control and insect control to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions
- Identification of pests, cultural problems, and the proper use of select products
- Driving company vehicle to customer locations
- Effectively communicating with customers regarding treatment and recommendations
- Managing daily vehicle inventory and equipment
- Completion of accurate documentation for client, office, and Department of Agriculture
- Maintaining vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance
- Clean Driving Record mandatory for purpose of being insured to drive company vehicle
- Minimum HS diploma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen and learn quickly
- Positive mental attitude/strong desire to succeed
- Proven success in being self-motivated and working with little or no supervision
- Industry experience and/or education is helpful, but not required
- Physically able to consistently lift up to 50 lbs
Compensation is initially based on experience and knowledge. We will consider applicants with extensive industry experience, and applicants with little or no experience. We are looking for individuals that have a strong desire to be successful, and want to grow and learn. Compensation and advancement in responsibilities increase as the technician is able to demonstrate increased knowledge and skills. Health benefits, retirement plan and paid time off.
Qualified applicants may send a resume to email@example.com (charisse null@null aggielandgreen NULL.com)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT NEEDED: Lakeside Golf Club (formerly Canyon Lake Golf Club) at Canyon Lake, Texas. Year-round position to oversee day-to-day operations of this 18-hole semi-private course. Salary based on experience and qualifications. Resumes can be mailed to Lakeside Golf Club, 405 Watts Lane, Canyon Lake, Texas, 78133 or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.