You must log in to apply for jobs.
POSTING DATE: 02/13/2017
VACANCY NUMBER: 00002940
LOCATION: Maintenance & Operations
POSITION: Athletic Field Tech
• High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
• Valid Texas driver’s license
• Eligible for coverage under the districts vehicle insurance program
• Ability to read and understand instructions for maintenance and safety
Jobs — Job posting Page 1 of 3
JOB DESCRIPTION: Primary Purpose: To provide safe and well-kept athletic grounds.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Mow athletic fields.Paint and mark athletic fields.
2. Perform routine field maintenance on athletic fields such as fertilizing, aerating,
top-dressing, and overseeding.
3. Collect and dispose of grass clippings and refuse.
4. Set up and take down for athletic events for all sports.
5. Pick up trash and clean stadiums and fields after events.
6. Move athletic and other types of equipment.
7. Adjust and repair equipment such as lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.
8. Exhibit proper use and care of tools, supplies and equipment.
9. Correct unsafe conditions that may exist in the work area that could cause an
10. Any conditions that are not correctable by you are to be reported to the
11. Know and practice the proper safety procedures in operating machinery and
equipment as required for the job.
12. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designee
You must log in to apply for jobs.
Summary: Under direction of the Parks Superintendent, supervises the operation, enhancement, maintenance and repair of city parks, athletic fields, playgrounds, city facilities, right-of-ways and medians. Supervises maintenance and construction projects and assigned staff in the daily activities of the Parks Division.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritizes assignments and supervises assigned staff in the Parks Division.
- Oversees daily activities of construction, repair, maintenance, irrigation, equipment and operational efficiency and effectiveness of crews.
- Assists in managing and monitoring contracts for services and supplies utilized in the maintenance of the parks system.
- Inspects parks, medians, playgrounds, right-of-ways, athletic fields and facilities for progress or upon completion of assigned maintenance activities.
- Oversees assigned Parks Division projects and repairs.
- Plans and coordinates work activities as needed to support the Leisure Services Division of the department.
- Supervises and assists assigned staff with administrative, operational duties, assigned tasks, and resolves issues or equipment problems as needed.
- Maintains inventory and orders materials, supplies, equipment and parts necessary to maintain ongoing daily operations, projects and activities.
- Hires, counsels, disciplines, evaluates and supervises assigned staff.
- Maintains, develops and protects assigned City resources and facilities.
Other Important Duties:
- Schedules, assigns, and approves leave for assigned personnel.
- Schedules equipment for preventative maintenance and repair.
- Travels to inspect assigned facilities, work in progress and to attend meetings, conferences and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Motorola ICC Irrinet Control Center preferred.
- Knowledge of construction maintenance and repair techniques.
- Knowledge of construction project supervision and inspection.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures
- Knowledge of work order software systems is preferred.
- Must possess computer skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.
- Skill in planning, scheduling and assigning work activities.
- Skill in effectively supervising and delegating duties to assigned staff.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED, and five (5) years construction, maintenance or repair experience, two (2) years of which is in a crew leader or supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference given to applicants with Texas Landscape Irrigator License, TDA or SPCB Certified Applicator License and Playground Safety Certification.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical agility, criminal background check and MVR check.
- Must possess State of Texas Driver’s License.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
- May be subject to walking and standing on rough terrain, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting tools, construction and maintenance materials.
- May occasionally operate heavy and light equipment during periods of staff shortages.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, other standard office equipment, hand and power tools and department equipment and vehicles.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY DIRECTLY ON THE CITY OF FRISCO WEBSITE.
Jobs.FriscoTexas.Gov (https://friscotexas NULL.tms NULL.hrdepartment NULL.com/jobs/2557/Park-SupervisorFrisco-TX)
- Applies pesticides and fertilizer to City grounds and landscaping.
- Complies with State and federally mandated requirements for handling and applying hazardous chemicals, maintaining personal safety, and maintaining the safety of park patrons.
- Determines correct application rates for various pesticides and fertilizers; calibrates equipment.
- Provides preventative maintenance and minor repairs to complex, computerized application equipment.
- Maintains daily work records and application records as required by law.
- Maintains inventory of chemicals; assists with ordering supplies.
- May lead the work of subordinates.
- May lead/assist with other grounds maintenance projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent determines optimum acceptability of climatic conditions for applying pesticides and fertilizers. Evaluates hazards/factors that would prohibit application of pesticides. Makes rapid evaluation of chemical spills/exposures and applies proper methods for control.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Pest identification and best control methods; chemical application and mixtures; calibration/mixture data; safety practices, policies, and procedures; Label and Material Safety Data Sheet requirements for proper product handling.
- Reading and assessing computer data; computing highly accurate moderately complex mathematical formulas to calibrate sprays and verify output; communicating effectively both verbally and in writing; maintaining application tools and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in landscape pesticide application.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Texas Class C driver’s license and State of Texas Certified Pesticide Applicator’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must possess mobility to work in and around City buildings and facilities; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform light to medium physical work, to work and around machines, and to operate varied hand and power tools and equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. The job involves fieldwork requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate above-mentioned tools and equipment. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, and reach when completing maintenance and repairs. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 80 pounds, or heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
- Employees work in and around buildings and facilities and are exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required. The position also requires meeting the essential requirements of the Physical Demands and Working Conditions, with or without reasonable accommodation
Further information at: www.plano.gov (http://www NULL.plano NULL.gov)
White Bluff is a gated golf and family community. Membership is available only through the purchase of property. The premier 3,000 acre master-planned community sits above the shores of Lake Whitney and offers two 18-hole Championship golf courses, The Lighthouse Restaurant, The Trophy Grill, five swimming pools, The White Bluff Marina, RV and wilderness camping, parks, a conference center, a spa and fitness center, condominium interval ownership, and more.
White Bluff Resort is currently looking for a student summer intern that is responsible, takes the job seriously, motivated, and ready to jump in and learn what it takes to be successful in the golf industry.
Throughout the course of the summer the intern will be exposed to but not limited to
-Fertilizer and Chemical Applications
-Water management of Bermuda greens Mini Verde
– Shadowing an assistant a few times a week
-Calibration of walk behind spreaders and sprayers
-Pump station management
Any interested candidates can submit a Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (djones_1269 null@null yahoo NULL.com)
Rate of pay 9.00/Hr