Information: The Assistant Superintendent works with the Superintendent/General Manager and together they will direct all Golf Maintenance operations. Riverside is currently upgrading both the Clubhouse and Golf Course to better serve our members. There is ample opportunity both to improve on the successful candidate’s position and to gain valuable experience in construction (golf ) processes. Along with the superintendent, the assistant superintendent will direct and participate in the maintenance of; Greens, Tees, Fairways and Cartpaths. The A.S. will supervise our Maintenance Staff in all operations while also doing related work as required. The successful candidate must be able to calibrate Spreaders and Sprayers accurately with a good working knowledge of Sprayers. Must be willing to work 45-50 hour work weeks with alternating weekends. We are looking for a dedicated individual willing to put in the time and effort to move up within the Golf Industry.
The Assistant Superintendent will participate in hiring, training and development of all maintenance staff, making sure all OSHA, Club, State and Federal safety guidelines are adhered to. The Assistant may serve in the Superintendent’s capacity during his absence.
Salary: DOE, very competitive with area job market.
Job Requirements: 1-2 yrs. verifiable experience in Golf Course Maintenance
Min. 2-yr. College Degree in Turf Management preferred
Pesticide Applicators License required or able to acquire within probationary period, (90) days.
Knowledge of Local, State and Federal Laws governing Chemical applications, Employee Rights, etc.
Absolute Team Player committed to building successful relationships with Members, Guests and Associates.
Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
Send Resume and Salary requirements to:
Pete Natividad CGCS
P.O. Box 549
Carlsbad, NM 88221
firstname.lastname@example.org (plnatividad null@null yahoo NULL.com)
We are looking for a Grounds Manager for an Air Force Base.
Property consists of approx. 1300 acres including airfield space, grounds, recreation areas, etc.
-Must have experience in maintenance and landscaping of outdoor areas and facilities.
-Must have experience in managing large scale properties.
-Basic computer skills required.
-Ability to operate grounds equipment.
-Must be able to successfully pass government background check
-Familiar with grounds maintenance equipment i.e. tractors, etc.
Some duties include but not limited to:
-Gathering time cards twice per month ensure each is signed by the employee and add the time cards hours.
-Make necessary corrections and resubmit as requested
-Training new and current employees (materials provided)
-Prepare and perform monthly Safety and Preventative Training (materials provided)
-Ensure all proper paperwork is filled out with new employees-
-Ensure all proper paperwork is completed with exiting employees
-Indicate and communicate training opportunities and assist in presenting appropriate training
– On-Site Inspections
– Ensure proper paperwork and recording is performed with each site inspection
– Follow up with deficiencies to ensure it is corrected; deficiencies may need to be performed by self.
– Scheduling if employees
– Cover open shifts appropriately with staff- Update individual staff schedules as appropriate to changes necessary
– Ensure all documentation is performed and appropriately filed
– Track usage of supplies (both office and site-wide)
Salary: $50,000 year
Monica at email@example.com (hr null@null exemplarent NULL.com)
This is a position that requires minimal supervision and requires routine labor associated with sports field and grounds management and light building maintenance. Implement and coordinate all phases of sports field and grounds management, including; preparation, maintenance and/or repair of infields, athletic fields and grounds for activities of the Recreational Sports Dept. The Grounds/ Student Worker is the individual that our client see’s daily and must always present themselves professionally. Prefer to have a minimum of 3 hour, incremental work shifts and prefer minimum of 15 hours per week. Schedules are flexible with student schedules, but must still satisfy the company’s needs. This position requires the individual to work safely and ensure that all safety procedures as outlined by; SSC Service Solutions, The University, OSHA, ANSI, EPA, State and local agencies as they apply to sports field and grounds management or facilities tasks be adhered to.
- Follow schedules for the management of sports fields, inclusive of turf, irrigation, and other grounds related functions.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures for the management of the above described and directed by the Sports Field Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Always perform work in a safe method following all safety protocol.
- Operate various types of turf care equipment including ride on mowers, field stripers hand held power equipment and hand tools with supervision.
- Sports field preparation and set-up for events with supervision.
- Irrigation repair and maintenance
- Light maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Remain up-to-date and informed in the current practices and state-of-the-art and all local, state, and federal codes and regulations related to grounds management.
- Attend training as required to remain current.
- Aid in deployment & operation of emergency response due to inclement weather, i.e. snow, and ice, tornado or other catastrophes.
Maintain effective communication (oral and written) with Sports Field Manager and Assistant Manager. Promote awareness of sports field management program to all users. Implement an active stewardship program for employees.
Extensive driving, walking and equipment operation. Will be exposed to pesticides, fertilizers, pollen producing environment, paint, and petroleum products. Work time expectation, 90% of time will be physical labor, 10% administrative.
Enrollment In the Texas A&M Turf Program, Parks Recreation and Tourism, Sports Management, Health and Kinesiology , Agriculture or Construction Sciences preferred. Have the ability to operate grounds related equipment, drive a standard shift and have a valid driver’s license.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of Technician so classified. Responsibilities and duties assigned are at the discretion of the Technician or Management Team.
Contact for an application: 979-458-5533
The core focus of this job; provide turnkey management to all athletic field surfaces, pest management, set ups, and equipment maintenance. IPM protocol and emphasis or organic management strategies for pest control. Work varying hours as required during season to support Recreation department ensuring field are ready for play/ use. Support to other grounds management operations as requested by Recreation Sports Turf Manager or Senior Regional Manager Grounds.
- Ensure playing surfaces are safe for all users through management strategies
- Cultural management of fields including:
- Fertilization – synthetic and organic strategies
- Water management, irrigation monitoring, maintenance and repair
- Soil cultivation (aeration, core, deep tine, shatter, vertical mowing)
- Pest Management with emphasis on IPM/ organic strategies
- Turf Mowing
- Sod install/ stripping
- And other required cultural practices
- Field setup/ take down including special events when fields are rented by outside sources.
- Control overhead expenses within the scope of responsibility.
- Perform safety checks/ audits on Promote client awareness of program alternatives and the availability of corporate resources
- Assist in monitoring/ compliance with the provisions of client contracts/ company policies
- Assist in customizing programs to meet each client’s (user of fields) unique needs as required
- Training: Stay current with all requirements of job/ licenses and or certifications
- Compliance: ensure compliance with TAMU, Compass, local, state and federal requirements which may include record keeping, training, or license/ certifications. Inclusive of MSDS, pesticide records.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations.
- Ability to multi-tasks and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Work in inclement weather, lift, bend, stoop and occasionally pick up 50lbs.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Excellent communication with senior client & internal staff
- Operate/ drive grounds related equipment & vehicles
Contact for an application: 979-458-5533