Type: Full Time
Salary/Pay Rate: $52,000$
Posted Date: 5/26/2016
Department: Community Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Number: 721625
Directly manages the daily operations and maintenance of a multidisciplinary parks system. Multiple areas of
responsibilities may include the management of the City’s landscape and irrigation contracts, athletic and facility
turf maintenance program, irrigation systems, playground inspection personnel and general parks maintenance.
This position provides direct support to the Parks Director in managing procedures associated with the tactical
implementation of daily operations of the Parks Division. Must be available to work occasional evening, weekend
and holiday hours.
Essential Job Functions
ENSURES quality and efficient control of maintenance operations and contract administration.
PLANS, SCHEDULES, and ASSIGNS personnel, equipment, and materials associated with daily operations
and maintenance of a multidisciplinary
COORDINATES, MONITORS, and ASSISTS assigned maintenance crews in park maintenance and
operations.RECRUITS, HIRES, TRAINS, COACHES, AND EVALUATES subordinate fulltime
PREPARES requisitions for supplies and capital outlay items for Division’s purchase.
PREPARES cost estimates and specifications on projects and equipment for budget purposes.
SERVES as committee Member regarding the Division’s involvement with special events.
PERFORMS all other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills in planning, scheduling, organizing, motivating, coaching and evaluating personnel. Ability to work
and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with park maintenance crews, City personnel, and the
More Jobs »
Knowledge of methods, practices, materials, and equipment used in all aspects of park operations, with an
extensive background in centralized irrigation system design. Must have proficient knowledge of applied
irrigation principles, Central Control Irrigation system design, implementation and database management,
including a general knowledge of procuring water meters, water taps, and the permitting process.
Expert knowledge of several species of turf, plants, and trees, and associated insect and disease problems
and corrective actions.
Knowledge of methods, practices, materials and equipment used in all aspects of playground repair following
ASTM/CPSI inspection and repair standards.
Ability to operate machinery and tools required for constructing and maintaining park, recreation, and
Ability to compile and maintain accurate records and reports with attention to details.
Ability to train and supervise staff regarding the safe operations of park systems and maintenance
Knowledge of federal, state and City laws and policies associated with chemical and herbicide applications
and irrigation codes.
Ability to make corrective recommendations concerning soil problems, water deficiencies, and fertilizer
Ability to perform strenuous physical labor, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, lifting, reaching,
twisting, pulling, and pushing, for extended periods of time in all types of weather, at various heights, and in
Minimum Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, Landscape Architecture, or related field; five (5) years related
experience and/or training to include three (3) years of significant supervisory experience; Preferred candidate will
possess or have the ability to acquire licenses in Irrigation and Pesticide applications, and the NRPA CPSI
certification within one year from date of hire. Valid Texas Driver’s License with a good driving record required.
Applications accepted until the positions are filled.
City of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Type: Full Time
Club Information: The Clubs of Lakeway sets a standard of excellence for country clubs in the Austin area. No other private country club in Central Texas boasts four challenging golf courses, a renowned tennis and fitness center, impeccable dining facilities and superior service in a relaxed, friendly environment. A three-hole practice facility with par-3, -4 and -5 practice holes, and multiple driving ranges and putting greens top off the Club’s vast array of golf amenities. With activities and events for the entire family, membership at The Clubs of Lakeway is the perfect complement to the friendly, welcoming community spirit of Lakeway.
Club Location: Lakeway Country Club – Austin, TX 78734 US (Primary)
Job Type: Full-time
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Superintendent in the operating functions of the Golf Course Maintenance Department to ensure the healthy growth of the golf course & Clubhouse Grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include turfgrass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, assisting with forecasting and expense management, scheduling and maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues as directed by the Superintendent.
The Assistant Superintendent will participate in the hiring, training and developing all staff, including ensuring the staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- 1-2 years experience in Golf Course Maintenance
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree preferred
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
- Bilingual (English – Spanish) communication ability preferred
firstname.lastname@example.org (Tyler NULL.easterwood null@null clubcorp NULL.com)
Posted in Uncategorized on June 7, 2016
Job Summary: Perform tasks related to maintaining and improving the campus grounds. Mow and trim facility grounds during the growing season. Leaf pickup in the fall. De-ice sidewalks in the winter. Must be able to endure extreme heat in the summer and cold winters.
- Plant, trim, spray, mow, weed, fertilize, sweep, rake, cultivate, plant, dig, water, shovel snow, remove ice, spread salt and/or sand, and other related functions of a groundskeeper
- Operate various types of equipment including frontend loaders, power movers, saws, sprayers, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, blowers, hand pruners and pole straws
- Operate light or medium weight trucks
- Operate light or medium tractors and attachments used to maintain grounds as needed
- Prepare campus for special events
- Assist in snow removal when needed
- Cooperate with other people within the department and other department personnel in competing assigned tasks
- Display the necessary initiative and dependability to work alone or in groups
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures
- Work special events on weekends as necessary
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Must possess a working knowledge of gasoline powered landscape equipment (mowers, edgers, trimmers, chainsaw, etc)
- Valid Texas drivers license
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects up to 80 lbs
- Must be able to stand and work as long as 12 hours in different positions
- Must be able to work outdoors and endure temperature and extreme weather
Irrigation Technician SMU
Position Summary: The Irrigation Tech installs, repairs, inspects, and troubleshoots computerized underground lawn sprinkler systems. The fundamental reason the Irrigation Technician exists is to install, diagnose and troubleshoot irrigation related problems and equipment in the Grounds Management division of the Facility Services.
- Repairs and inspects lines, valves, and sprinklers on computerized underground lawn sprinkler system.
- Installs new drip and sprinkler systems.
- Completes and signs off on daily irrigation inspections.
- Makes all necessary repairs to the irrigation system as required.
- Monitors campus daily to look for stressed plant material, makes repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Monitors soil moisture daily during inspections.
- Train to use the Maxicom irrigation system.
- Removes old systems and recovers reusable equipment.
- Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks as required. Troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years irrigation work experience
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification and/or Irrigator’s License required.
- Requires a valid Driver’s License
- Requires manual dexterity and precision measurements.
- Move heavy objects over fifty pounds.
Sports Athletic Turf Technician SMU
Job Summary: The AthleticTurf Worker carries out the care, maintenance, and renovation of all SMU athletic and intramural fields.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers; is anticipative of and responsive to customer needs
- Generates work orders, organizes, and assigns work to be completed based on established deadlines and safety standards
- Performs grounds audits and uses information to make positive changes, become more efficient, improve quality of service, maintain safety, and motivate staff to achieve consistently high standards
- Ensures compliance with code requirements, safety standards, and grounds keeping practices
- Assists with project estimates and makes recommendations regarding annual budgets for operational and maintenance needs
- Assists with the identification of and completion of safety training
- Responds to questions, resolves problems, and provides technical and other assistance to staff completing assigned work
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of lawnmowers, weed whackers, tractors, snow plows, and other job related equipment
- Maintains lawn areas, annual planting beds, and shrubbery so that they appear healthy, well trimmed, pruned, and maintained in accordance with good landscaping practices
- Maintains all grounds and parking lot areas so that they are free from trash and debris
- Provides services necessary to maintain/keep sidewalk and parking lot areas free from snow and ice
- Performs other tasks, as needed, to maintain the assigned area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Position requires that the individual have a high school degree or G.E.D.
- Position also requires that the individual have a minimum five (5) years experience within the groundskeeping/turf management field or a related field.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and respond to various requests and situations that arise; must be able to lead and coach other employees.
- Position requires the individual to have a current driver’s license if operating department vehicles and equipment.
Interested parties may inquire at email@example.com (lanier-vonswayla null@null aramark NULL.com)
Greenscapes 6 is Seeking an Athletic Field Superintendent to maintain our Fields in the Greater Houston Area. Of Which include Houston Astros Foundation Little League Fields
-Scheduling Fertilization/Pre Emergent/Post Emergent Applications
-Maintaining Record Logs of Chemical Applications
-Plans, Schedules and monitors operations and crews
-Keeping Close Contact with Clients
– 2 or 4 Year Degree Preferred but not Required
– Budgeting Skills
– Irrigation Scheduling/Repairs and Maintenance Experience
– Possess Basic Computer Skills
– Previous Golf Course or Sports Field Experience a Plus
– Leadership Skills
– Must be Self Motivated
– Texas Pesticide License or ability to obtain in 90 days
– Based on Experience
– Company Truck
– Company Fuel