- Experience preferred.
- Must have own tools.
- Hourly position.
- Pay depends on experience.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (glyon null@null escondidotexas NULL.com)
Contact Gaylan Lyon at 512.669.8658
Title: Construction Superintendent, Turf
Reports to: Sr. Director, Operations & Maintenance, Turf
Department: Sports Turf Services
Ryan-Sanders Sports Services (RS3 Turf) is a sports field specialty construction and maintenance contractor that handles all phases of natural and synthetic turf jobs for professional, collegiate, municipal, and high school facilities, from excavation and sub base through installation and maintenance. Located in Round Rock, TX, we are one of the state’s most trusted resources for providing superior quality of natural grass and synthetic turf sports fields. As an integral part of the overall success of the Sports Turf Services division and company as a whole, this position is wholly responsible for new build, and renovation of sports field surfaces, stadiums and complexes. The Construction Superintendent is a hands-on leader who understands the complexities of of our industry and must be someone who enjoys working with their hands as well as their mind, who likes to work outdoors, has the leadership skills to organize and run projects on-site as well report the results to senior leadership. The superintendent is a team player who can build a loyal crew for the company
- Under leadership of Sr. Director, Operations & Maintenance, directly responsible for new build, and renovation of sports field surfaces, facilities, stadiums and complexes;
- Organizes, supervise, schedule, and plan of multiple construction projects;
- Negotiates construction contracts and establishes construction project objectives;
- Insure building code compliance, permitting, and advise management of revisions that may be necessary;
- Monitors plan development and specifications for cost effectiveness;
- Coordinate all Architect and Engineer designs; review both Architects and Engineers design for adequate details of good quality and conduct design review meetings;
- Renders professional advice, opinions, assistance and services as needed or directed;
- Participates in all master-planning meetings;
- Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, and other business data;
- Plans maintenance and project work to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and master plan to comply with ADA requirements, and oversees the training, scheduling and deploying of personnel to accomplish the work in compliance with OSHA and Worker Right-to-Know standards;
- Develops and implements plans to reduce impacts on the environment including recycling, storm water management, waste management and erosion control;
- Approves all expenditures and exercises cost control measures to keep operating and capital expenses in line with the approved budgets;
- Accredited degree from a two-year or four-year in horticulture, agronomy or related field helpful;
- Full understanding of the sports’ governing bodies’ requirements for field layout and accommodation requirements;
- A proven record in sports field construction estimating and management as well as tenant coordination;
- Experience in costs, takeoffs, bid analysis;
- Exceptional equipment operating skills with a CDL license;
- Familiarity with sports field construction/design to include horizontal (site) and vertical construction management experience;
- Ability to read site plans, ideally with some engineering background;
- A working knowledge of sports field or facility construction principles, practices and methods;
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management and operations of sports fields and facilities (including, but not limited to employment, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations);
- Active participation in continuing education opportunities such as seminars, workshops, web-based training courses, field days and trade shows;
- Ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with the aptitude to take full ownership the position’s duties and deliverables;
- A commitment to high quality work, attention to detail, and can evidence company loyalty.
- Administrative and executive ability, especially in terms of problem-solving and critical thinking;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Requires a high degree of professionalism and behavioral characteristics in keeping with the high standards of an environment committed to excellence and an upstanding moral code of ethics
This is a salaried position and based on experience. Industry-leading benefits are available. Please send resume and salary requirements to:
Garrett Reddehase, Senior Director of Operations and Maintenance, Turf
Greddehase@rs3sports.com (Greddehase null@null rs3sports NULL.com)
Texas Turfgrass Summer Conference & Equipment Rodeo
Hyatt Lost Pines Resort and Spa — Lost Pines
July 17-19, 2016
Click here to view TTA Summer Conference & Equipment Rodeo
Texas Turfgrass Conference & Show
December 13-15, 2016
Marriott Riverwalk and Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio
Salary: hiring range $40,000 – $45,000
Closing Date: April 22, 2016
Job Number: 50006880
The Sports Field Supervisor is responsible for oversight of the daily planning and directing of grounds maintenance activities for all Campus Recreation and shared Athletics fields. The Sports Field Supervisor is under the supervision of the Associate Director of Campus Recreation for Facilities. Spaces overseen include multiple field sites, a disk golf course, running track, and support for tennis courts and some maintenance of and around the Student Recreation Center.
- Skill in reading work orders, supply requests, process purchasing requests and budget requests in working with the Department of Campus Recreation and the Department of Athletics.
- Evaluate and provide stat on work in progress as necessary to prepare safe and legal playing fields and other turf areas
- Assist with the completion of special requests regarding practice and game facilities and field layout. Inspect and evaluate the condition of the grounds.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, laws and regulation to explain maintenance procedures to employees and clients served.
- Manage resources to maintain ground (equipment, water fertilizer, pesticides, etc.) in an efficient manner.
- Evaluate, train and supervise employees.
- Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicator License from the Texas Department of Agriculture is required.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license. A driving record check will be performed on the selected applicant.
- High School Diploma* or Accredited General Equivalency Diploma (GED)* *(Proof of U.S. equivalency must be provided)
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sport Turf Management or similar field
- Previous work experience in Campus Recreation or Intercollegiate Athletic grounds experience
- Demonstrated experience in procurement practices, budget preparation and management
- Three or more years of supervisory experience in grounds keeping, irrigation, maintaining athletic fields or large commercial lawn areas or related fields.
- Skill in keeping various records, completing work requests and maintaining schedules.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in field renovations.
- Proficient in English (written and verbal) required, bilingual in English/Spanish
1. Assist in the development of standards and procedures for maintaining athletic sport fields.
2. Assist the Associate Director for Facilities in the daily operation of all Campus Recreation athletic sport fields, including upkeep and field maintenance.
3. Provide guidance and supervision to assigned staff in performance of technical duties and operation and maintenance of athletic field equipment.
4. Plan schedules and oversee grounds maintenance work to ensure the proper distribution and completion of required tasks.
5. Prioritizes and responds to requests from programming staff and works with assigned staff to create optimal practice and competition ground conditions.
- Manage resources used to maintain grounds areas and meet safety and compliance regulations.
- Prepare fields for play by operating grounds maintenance equipment.
8. Helps determine fiscal requirements for assigned operations, make recommendations and purchase equipment and supplies needed for grounds maintenance.
9. Supervise, train and evaluate sports field staff.
- Assists in developing current and long range plans to ensure the efficient maintenance of the athletic grounds.
11. Reviews and evaluates procedures and recommends methods for increased efficiency and cost reduction.
12. Assists with the maintenance of the Student Recreation Center, as needed.
13. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To be considered for employment, a completed Texas State University application must be received by Human Resources. For an application visit the Human Resources website at www.hr.txstate.edu/ (http://www NULL.hr NULL.txstate NULL.edu/). Resumes alone will not be accepted. Texas State University is an EOE. Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.