Looking for professional and customer service oriented candidates who love being outdoors and want to be part of a growing business!
Aggieland Green (Aggie 100 and previous Newman Award recipient) is a locally owned lawn and tree health care company located in College Station, Tx. We offer residential and commercial services such as lawn fertilization, responsible application and use of select treatments to solve lawn and ornamental problems, and turf aeration. Our efforts in growing a successful, ethical business have resulted in tremendous growth and new opportunities. (Check us out at aggielandgreen.com (http://aggielandgreen NULL.com)) We do not offer mowing, maintenance, or landscape services. Instead, we are specialists in the diagnosis and continual treatment of lawns and ornamental trees and shrubs. We use innovative and complex equipment for our applications, and provide timely advice to clients on watering and mowing to keep our clients lawns and trees healthy with fewer problems. We are consistent with industry Best Management Practices and the approach of IPM (Integrated Pest Management).Job Responsibilities (full-time- qualified candidates must be able to work days M-F):
- Applying fertilizers, weed control and insect control to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions
- Identification of pests, cultural problems, and the proper use of select products
- Driving company vehicle to customer locations
- Effectively communicating with customers regarding treatment and recommendations
- Managing daily vehicle inventory and equipment
- Completion of accurate documentation for client, office, and Department of Agriculture
- Maintaining vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance
- Clean Driving Record mandatory for purpose of being insured to drive company vehicle
- Minimum HS diploma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen and learn quickly
- Positive mental attitude/strong desire to succeed
- Proven success in being self-motivated and working with little or no supervision
- Industry experience and/or education is helpful, but not required
- Physically able to consistently lift up to 50 lbs
Compensation is initially based on experience and knowledge. We will consider applicants with extensive industry experience, and applicants with little or no experience. We are looking for individuals that have a strong desire to be successful, and want to grow and learn. Compensation and advancement in responsibilities increase as the technician is able to demonstrate increased knowledge and skills. Health benefits, retirement plan and paid time off.
Qualified applicants may send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (charisse null@null aggielandgreen NULL.com)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com (http://www NULL.aramark NULL.com/) or connect with us on Facebook (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/aramark) and Twitter (http://www NULL.twitter NULL.com/aramark).
About Facilities Services
When it comes to facilities services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry – people who aren’t afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
About Southern Methodist University: SMU is a 170 acre campus in the heart of Dallas, Texas, with a legacey of excellence in its’ grounds program. SMU is a two time receipent of the PGMS Grand Award and a six time receipent of the PGMS Honor Award, with the most recent award being presented in 2015.
Position Description: Responsible for Managing supervision of grounds operations and improvement initiatives including, but not limited to landscape operations, tree and shrub removal, flowers and fauna, and snow removal. May oversee other services such as transportation.
Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
Plans, directs, and organizes daily activities of the grounds department, and supervises landscaping and grooming of maintainable acreage.
Preparation and on-going maintenance of athletic fields, both practice and playing fields.
Possess proper licensing and manages pesticide and herbicide applications.
Oversee grounds projects and construction management.
Create and develop relationship with Client and campus community in conjunction with Facility Director, if applicable.
Inspect and tour acreage to identify areas for maintenance improvement or landscape upgrades.
Help prepare department budget with Facility Director, if applicable.
Adhere to budgetary requirements, including purchase of supplies, tools, equipment, and outside services.
Plan, develop, prioritize, and manage efficient and economical grounds maintenance tasks and horticulture programs in accordance with the seasonal calendar and best practices of Sustainable, Green, and Natural Landscape.
Hire, guide, train, and give technical assistance to supervisors and employees engaged in daily grounds projects.
Communicate with all levels within the organization and external vendors and contractors.
Implement and maintain an effective two-way communication system which reaches all employees, clients and customers.
Maintain campus in compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, and other local, state and federal statues and regulations.
Inspects, repairs and evaluates all equipment associated with the grounds operation
Holds or continue working toward at least one Grounds or Landscape related certification.
Participate in a school committee or group outside of grounds responsibilities.
- Conduct facility training based on equipment specific to the facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree in Landscape Management, Landscape Architecture, or similar required.
- 5+ years experience in Landscape and Grounds Management.
- Technical knowledge of landscape, trees, shrubs, turf, flora and fauna as well as project management and experience overseeing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a union and/or non-union environment is required.
- Strong financial analysis skills and P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is preferred.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend