- The Robert Trent Jones II 18 hole championship golf course opened in 2013. It is owned by the City of Laredo and managed by Landscapes Management Company. The daily fee facility supports 18,000 rounds of golf per year. The greens are Tifdwarf bermudagrass and the tees, fairways, and rough are Princess 77 bermudagrass. The Toro irrigation system is controlled by Links software. The equipment fleet is predominantly John Deere.
- Education. A 2 to 4 year degree in agronomy or turfgrass management is preferred.
- Experience. 2 to 4 years’ experience as a golf course superintendent is required.
Special Knowledge. Knowledge of southwest Texas climate and the ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
- Position Details.
The position is a department head level position that reports to the general manager.
Applicants must have knowledge of agronomy and possess sound leadership and communication skills. Must be self-motivated and work hands-on. Attention to detail, quality conditioning, and professionalism are required.
Financial awareness for the position will include annual budget development, monthly expense analysis, variance reporting, and capital expense recommendations. Record keeping, personnel administration, and safety training are required position responsibilities.
Management of all phases of golf course maintenance fall within the requirements of this position. These include staffing, equipment maintenance, irrigation scheduling and maintenance, turfgrass cultural programs, fertilizer and chemical applications, and special projects.
Having an applicators license or obtaining a license within 60 days of hire is a requirement.
- Compensation package.Competitive salary and bonus program. Health insurance, vision and dental programs, 401k program, paid time off, club privileges, and association membership dues.
- Availability. Immediate. Position is open until filled.
- Credentials. Please send cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com. Landscapes Management Company Regional Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org. Landscapes Management Company Director of Agronomy
email@example.com. Max A. Mandel Golf Course General Manager