$17.99 to $20.94
Manages 1-3 subordinate supervisors who supervise a crew of 1-4 employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include functioning as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instruction, and scheduling work.
- Act as the Foreman of works teams assigned to various parks/facilities/grounds maintenance and operational activities. Responsible for direct supervision of Crew Leaders and Laborer, providing schedules, guidance, mentoring, and assistance in daily work activities.
- Perform duties in support of development and maintenance of parks, grounds, sport fields e.g., mowing, edging, fertilizing, pruning trees and shrubs, clearing right-of-way areas, tagging and identification of hazard trees and removal with appropriate equipment.
- Enforcement of the safety rules and assists in quality assurance of work activities. Assist in maintaining effective and efficient work production.
- Observe filed operations and maintenance contractor; report finding to contractors, supervisor and managers.
- Operate and maintain lawn mowers, lawn edger’s, brush/tree trimmers and chippers, air compressors, power saws, backhoes, farm tractors, vehicles up to 26000 GVWR, various hand and job related power tools.
- Gather and disposes of debris, weeds, grass, trees, shrubs and plants.
- Participate in emergency response teams.
- Safety sensitive position subject to the Random Drug Screen Policy.
- Must meet and maintain the requirements of the driver safety policy.
One year up to and including three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for years of experience. Two (2) years supervisory experience. Advance knowledge to properly identify landscape species with the ability to install and maintain accordingly. Also a preference in baseball or softball field maintenance experience. Concrete and carpentry skills a plus.
Please visit the Township web-site to complete an online application and upload a resume for consideration: www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov (http://www NULL.thewoodlandstownship-tx NULL.gov). EEO/ADA.