Turf Technologies is looking for an energetic, passionate and progressive Sales Consultant to join their team. Qualities that are imperative to the position include focused communicator, resilient leader and results driven attitude. This position will be based in and around Houston, TX. Turf Technologies is a division of the continuously growing Sterling Golf Inc. Turf Technologies focuses solely on selling Floratine Products Group. Endless resources are available to succeed for a motivated individual. Sales Consultants collaborate with the Director of Sales on a daily basis.
Compensation discussed in interview. Vehicle package, training classes, computer, uniform, phone and all expenses associated with travel will be included.
Send resumes via email to email@example.com
Golf Course Background:
The Association of the Sinton Municipal Golf Course is looking to hire a golf course superintendent. The ideal candidate would enjoy playing golf, and be willing to play a few days of the week and on weekends. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who will take pride in the Sinton Municipal Golf Course looking and playing at its very best.
Sinton Golf Association was established in 1957. The property was left to the Association by Rob Welder. The big oak trees, flat landscape, and the abundance of irrigation well water, offered the perfect environment for its intended purpose. The first nine holes of the club was apparently built in 1956. J. Carol Weaver of Weaver Construction built most of the course, along with a number of future members. Weaver was considered a Texas legend, as he was thought to be the best golfer in the area at the time even playing against Sam Sneed once. In 1968, the Association added the back nine, which was designed and built by a European golfer.
The “Heart of the Club” is a daily Pro Am, which goes back as far as any member can recollect. Every day of the week, except on Tuesday when the course is closed, at noon, there is a tournament. The tournament consists of mostly retirees and shift workers. The tournament may have 12-40 players depending on the weather and the day of the week. The games have changed over the years but the Pro Am is a constant here at Sinton Municipal Golf Course.
The course also prides itself in putting together some big tournaments, as well as and having some fairly stiff competition, coupled with a lot of fun and comradery.
The ideal hire will be responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic through open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests, and the property.
- Responsible for all phases of golf maintenance and agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the board and pro shop on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
- Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan when approved by the board.
- Administers and enforces all club rules, regulations, and policies for staff.
- Supports and assists with membership seminars.
- Works closely with the board to operate the golf course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
- Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements and tending to high stress areas.
- Manages the irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting on retaining ponds, wells and other water source usage.
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the club’s grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with the golf course operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting.
- Orders parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways, and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating, and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skills to resolve conflict and work with pro shop, board, employees, members and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a golf superintendent or first assistant
- 2-year degree or certificate in turf management (or related field, such as agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Advanced computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proof of US citizenship.
- Pesticide application license.
- Preference will be given to certification through the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
- Preference will be given to those demonstrating a good command of Spanish.
Salary and benefits will be discussed by phone interview.
Sinton Golf Association Board of Directors.
$17.99 to $20.94
Manages 1-3 subordinate supervisors who supervise a crew of 1-4 employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include functioning as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instruction, and scheduling work.
- Act as the Foreman of works teams assigned to various parks/facilities/grounds maintenance and operational activities. Responsible for direct supervision of Crew Leaders and Laborer, providing schedules, guidance, mentoring, and assistance in daily work activities.
- Perform duties in support of development and maintenance of parks, grounds, sport fields e.g., mowing, edging, fertilizing, pruning trees and shrubs, clearing right-of-way areas, tagging and identification of hazard trees and removal with appropriate equipment.
- Enforcement of the safety rules and assists in quality assurance of work activities. Assist in maintaining effective and efficient work production.
- Observe filed operations and maintenance contractor; report finding to contractors, supervisor and managers.
- Operate and maintain lawn mowers, lawn edger’s, brush/tree trimmers and chippers, air compressors, power saws, backhoes, farm tractors, vehicles up to 26000 GVWR, various hand and job related power tools.
- Gather and disposes of debris, weeds, grass, trees, shrubs and plants.
- Participate in emergency response teams.
- Safety sensitive position subject to the Random Drug Screen Policy.
- Must meet and maintain the requirements of the driver safety policy.
One year up to and including three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for years of experience. Two (2) years supervisory experience. Advance knowledge to properly identify landscape species with the ability to install and maintain accordingly. Also a preference in baseball or softball field maintenance experience. Concrete and carpentry skills a plus.
Please visit the Township web-site to complete an online application and upload a resume for consideration: www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov (http://www NULL.thewoodlandstownship-tx NULL.gov). EEO/ADA.
1400 National Drive
Westlake, Louisiana 70605
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (gpockat null@null nationalgcla NULL.com)
Phone: 337-433-2255 ext. 7
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 3-5 years turf grass management experience required
•Supervisory, coaching and staff development experience required
•A four-year college turf maintenance/agronomy degree preferred.
•GCSAA Member preferred
•Knowledge of budgeting and expense management
•Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations affecting management of golf course operations
•Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business
•Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
•Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
•Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
•Must be have basic computer skills, Word and Excel
- Maintains all grounds including the golf course, clubhouse surroundings and other maintainable areas.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing and chemical applications, and other care of turf, plants, shrubs and trees on the golf course and clubhouse surroundings
*Supervises, coaches and develops Assistant Superintendent, foreman, irrigation technician, mechanic and other employees in the maintenance department
*Hires, promotes, disciplines and terminates staff according to club guidelines with coordination of the Director of Golf and General Manager.
•Informs golfing members and guest about present and future maintenance activities
•Coordinates scheduling of all personnel assigned to the department
•Communicates frequently with the General Manger and Director of Golf to discuss activities, goals, plans and member/customer feedback.
•Prepares and manages annual budget plan for the golf course maintenance operation on an annual basis
•Maintains inventory and oversees all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment
•Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees of the maintenance department
•Supervises maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation and other mechanical watering systems
•Develops chemical and fertilizing plan on an annual basis
•Ensures that the golf course is providing healthy and high quality playing conditions for guests of the property
•Prepares and maintains all recordkeeping for maintenance department (i.e. Human Resource files, inventory files, fertilization and chemical application logs)
•Perform other duties as assigned
The National Golf Club of Louisiana is a 7 year old golf course owned by the City of Westlake. The golf course is part of West Trace Development. The National continues to be the site of the Adams Professional Golf Tour and LGA events. .
The Superintendent is an integral member of the property’s management team and oversees the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance. The above responsibilities also include overseeing the repair and maintenance of all golf course related equipment.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary range of $55,000 to $70,000 based on experience with a standard benefit package.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to the address above.